SICK sbot speed package
Sick’s sBot Stop is a safety system for safeguarding free accessible robot applications with the highlight of a fast and easy configuration of the safety laser scanner directly via the UR teach pendant.
Using this safety system, the access to the robot is free and the robot will reduce the speed and, if necessary, stop when a detected person get too close to the robot working area. The robot will resume its activities at full operational speed as soon as you left this area, providing you the highest productivity.
Sick’s nanoScan3 Pro safety laser scanner pairs with the Universal Robots e-series controller’s safety features. The included URCap enables configuration directly via the UR teach pendant. The sBot Speed Package offers you a new way of safeguarding your robot application and achieve high productivity.
- Easy and fast Set-Up: Intuitive configuration using the robot hardware (UR teach Pendant)
- Smart Features like Smart Field definition, Field teach-in, simultaneous scan data and automatic field fusion provides feedback though the GUI. This eases the setup, diagnostics, commissioning and validation.
- Safe Productivity: Automatic restart and reduced speed decreases the robot downtime during operation.
- Reduced Commissioning Efforts: Pre-Selected Hardware; Direct connection to URe Controller; Documentation compliant to relevant standards
- Free & Safe Access: Intelligent use of nanoScan3 safety laser scanner features; Pre-defined safety functions; High safety performance level – PLd
- Future Proof: Modular Concept allows combination with other SICK safety devices
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Set-up and verification: The sBot URCap software tool for the nanoScan3 makes it easy and fast to configure the safety laser scanner directly on the UR teach pendant thanks to smart features visualized through the GUI
- Smart Field definition
- Field Teach-In
- Automatic field Fusion
- Smart walls
- Easy validation & reporting.
- Operation: the safety laser scanner is constantly monitoring the ground level around the robot. A nanoScan3 Pro is able to monitor with two protective fields simultaneously the area around the robot, this makes possible to dynamically reduce or stop the robot movement only when a person is too close from the robot working area. As soon the person leaves the area, the robot recovers its operating speed and becomes productive
Read more: Universal robots UR+